MINUTES of the 2014 Annual General Meeting of the Formula Experience Class
held on Friday 21st November 2014 in Miramar, Cordoba, Argentina.
1) Welcome and registration of delegates and votes
Raul Pasqualin - Chairman (non voting)
Gustavo Almenara (AWA - ARG Vote)
Eduardo Herman (CHI vote)
Fernando Consorte (IWA - non voting)
Remi Vila (Committee - email vote)
Marc Cardon (Committee - email vote)
Marcello Morrone (Committee - email vote)
Nicolas Schreier (Committee - email vote)
Guillermo Ahlig (Committee - email vote)
Eduardo Cano Saija (Committee - email vote)
BRA - email vote
FRA - email vote
ITA - email vote
PER - email vote
2) Minutes of the 2013 AGM
There were no matters arising
3) Chairman's Report
Raul Pasqualin was invited to chair the meeting in the absence of Remi Vila
4) Financial Statement
The following papers were circulated in advance of the meeting
IWA Annual Account 2013 and Class Income and Expenditure 2013
5) Class Rules
It was agreed to update the Approved List of boards and sails as follows:
a) add the new Starboard Formula One board
b) add the new Starboard FS One Sail range
Votes: 10 YES ; 2 NO
Note - a new list if approved comes into effect from January 1st 2015
Argentina and Chile voted against the proposals and the meeting offered the following comments:
- the new equipment would offer improved performance, implying that sailors would have to buy new equipment to remain competitive;
- the requirement to buy new equipment might lead to a reduction in the existing fleet;
- the committee were requested to review this policy with a view to maintaining provision of the existing equipment without inclusion of the new.
6) Championship Rules
There were no proposals to change Championship Rules. However those present at the meeting suggested a review should be conducted by the committee with a view to the following amendments:
CR 3.2.1 If the wind speed is less than 7 knots in the starting area at any time during the last minute prior to the starting signal, the start shall be abandoned.
CR 3.2.1 If the wind speed is less than 9 knots in the starting area at any time during the last minute prior to the starting signal, the start shall be abandoned.
CR 3.2.4 Racing shall take place in suitable conditions, and the decision on suitable conditions shall be made by the Race Officer, and where the Appropriate Class Representative.
CR 3.2.4 Racing shall take place in planing conditions with a maximum limit of 1.5 minutes in non planning conditions. The decision to cancel the race shall be made by the Race Officer and, where appropriate, the Class Representative.
To add a new rule:
The maximum wind limit for racing is 30 knots, in the starting area at any time during the last minute, and at any time during the race at least for more than 1,5 minutes. The decision to cancel the race shall be made by the Race Officer and, where appropriate, the Class Representative.
7) To receive a report on future championships: venues and dates
The following comments were received from those present:
- the FE class has little representation in Uruguay and the 2015 Worlds should be kept in the axis Brazil, Argentina, Peru and Chile.
- Chile representative is going to contact a local organiser with proposal to host the 2015 Worlds.
- The proposal for a Worlds in Europe was discussed. All were unanimous that first FE class in Europe should carry a European Championship with good numbers, then and having proved that the class is consistent to propose a FE Worlds in Europe.
Minutes in pdf
2015 Starboard Formula One
The FE board is the FW 167 shape in AST Reflex Technology with extra carbon reinforcement for the fin box. The FS One sail is based on the 2015 Severne Overdrive in the 9.5/11.0 and Turbo in smaller sizes. All other components remain the same as the previously approved FE One Design equipment.